Sunday, March 15, 2015

Welcome to my blog.

Hi, Nature's Lens here. For those of you that don't know, my name is Savannah and I have recently rushed headlong into my childhood dream of being a photographer.

It all started when I was very young and my parents got me a 35 mm Barbie camera.

I thought I was a professional. We took a trip to Yellowstone National Park and I fell in love with photographing nature.

My family is full of photographers. My Great-grandfather Amos Cockrell had a business when we were little and we always got to go along with him on photo shoots. He started American Color Studio in Haleyville, Alabama and it still there to this day. My Grandfather Dennis Cockrell Sr. took up the hobby as well. He photographed with his father at the studio. Eventually, my father Dennis Cockrell Jr. adapted the hobby but his love was for nature. That is where I fit in the story.

Photography is in my blood. It is has always been an influence in my life. I didn't realize until recently that I was born to photograph. Nature is so inspiring. The passion came alive when I moved to Colorado. When I look at the mountains, I want to capture every breathtaking moment I see. Capturing nature in its purest essence is impossible. Sometimes I go out and take a hundred pictures and none are even close to the beauty of what is around me.







My goal as a photographer is to try to capture these moments for all to see. For those who can't travel, my photos are a way for people to see things they may never get to see in person. Every day is a gift. How we use that gift is what makes a difference. I hope you enjoy my photography and that you will share this gift with others so they can see the beauty of this world.

~Savannah Donaldson
  Nature's Lens






No comments:

Post a Comment